Puggle is an open-source desktop search engine written exclusively in Java. It provides full text and metadata search over files, folders, music, photos, web pages and more that are stored locally on your computer.
Moreover, a portable edition of Puggle is available that you can carry around with you on a portable device, like a USB flash drive or an external hard drive. Puggle will index all the data contained in and allow you to search over them on any computer. Read more here.
- Search your personal documents (files, pictures, presentations, etc).
- Search your music based on title, artist, year, genre.
- Search your pictures and other media files.
- Search huge amounts of books, papers, reports, etc.
- Search all the above together!
The recent version of Puggle is 0.6 and was released on 26 January 2010. You can download it from here.
Feel free to send any comments or questions at email@example.com